Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our little shop has so much history

This morning I had a customer come in to see how different the shop was since her mother had it as a beauty shop for 50 years.  Listening to her tell me stories about her and her brothers and sisters playing with all the kids whose parents also had shops on the square.  Department stores filled the area were the
amphitheater is now.
Showing me where the hair dryers and hair/nail stations were placed in the shop and where a brick planter use to be outside the window.  She helped wash hair and take down rollers.  Taking the trash out back since she was knee high. She still has her mothers beauty shop sign.  I could tell those were the good old days. I thought I had heard a lot of history about this old building, but she took me back even further......and get this their last name is even Lambert..how funny is that?  It makes me proud to be here to continue making history for this old building.  I've always had a love for antiques, old buildings and their stories.  So I wouldn't be surprised if antique accessories started showing up in our shop in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment